It’s all thanks to Jules Thin Crust Pizza, which opened a Main Line location in late spring. Pizza here is the antithesis of what you’ll find at typical chain pizza shops.
“It’s very light; later on I wish I ordered more slices,” said my cousin, who checked it out after it first opened. But light is a good thing, especially during these summer heat waves. Others must think so too, because we found the Wayne location packed with families on a recent Sunday evening.
Jules utilizes a special organic hi-gluten flour to craft its crispy, thin crust. Gluten-free is available upon request. The crust is used to create 28 different varieties of pizza, from veggie (some almost salad-like), meat and cheese. All ingredients are organic and sourced locally when possible. The restaurant’s website lists local purveyors like Blooming Glen Farm, for fruits and veggies; Buckingham Valley Honey, for the honey used in dressings and the dough; Di Bruno Bros., for cheese; and The Grain Exchange, which provides the desserts sold on-site.
They have a seating area and you can also order online ahead of time. If you like variety, though, it’s best to go in-person, and order by the slice to try a couple unique flavor combos. Favorites on our most recent visit:
- Apple & Taleggio pizza, made with sliced apples, taleggio cheese, fresh honey and locally grown sage.
- Zucchini pizza, comprised of local zucchini ribbons, organic squash blossoms, garlic, ricotta, and mozzarella cheese.
- Pizza #7, made with fig jam, gorgonzola, prosciutto, rosemary, arugula and mozzarella.
- Goat Fiesta, a combo of local goat cheese, with Blue Moon Acres organic micro greens, walnuts and shallots.
- White Bean & Bacon, featuring aged mozzarella, taleggio cheese, bacon, cannellini beans, garlic and arugula
The restaurant’s founder, John Ordway, was looking to create a new kind of ‘fast food atmosphere’ with Jules – spacious, modern and comfortable. Other locations include Doylestown, Newtown, Jenkintown, and Danville (California).
“We’re currently looking to open additional restaurants in Chester County and beyond,” the manager shared with me. Even more refined, reasonably priced gourmet pizza? We’ll have another slice, thank you.
Check out Jules Thin Crust at 114 E.Lancaster Ave in Wayne, or call 484-580-8003 or visit www.julesthincrust.com for more info.